ABOUT ACADEMICS ADMISSIONS STUDENT LIFE ATHLETICS ALUMNAE RIDING NEWS/EVENTS GIVING  

President's Blog

Holiday Break

Finals are wrapping up. Last night students who are still on campus enjoyed a “late night breakfast” party in Prothro (during a brief power outage!); faculty are grading, grading, grading;  cookies and other holiday treats are being exchanged — in short, it’s almost time for the holiday break to begin! Judging by what I read on Facebook, students are ready for the break and looking forward to time at home with family and friends. . .

Rick and I will be traveling until shortly after Christmas. Please understand if I don’t post anything here until after the New Year. (If I do then: we are going to Mexico and will be there for the projected date of the “Mayan apocalypse,” so who knows?)

As usual, I’ll be travelling with both an iPad and a tote bag full of books. When I return I look forward to sharing my book list and perhaps hearing about what all of you read during the holidays.

In the meantime, I hope that the coming weeks bring you time with those who are most important to you and many heartening reflections on the accomplishments and joys of the year that is drawing to a close.

One Response to 'Holiday Break'

1. Patricia Grobman. says:

Dear Dr. Parker,
    Our best to you and your family during the holiday and the coming year. We send you our warm wishes for good cheer, good health and a restful vacation.
    Fondly,
    Patricia and Mark Grobman