ABOUT ACADEMICS ADMISSIONS STUDENT LIFE ATHLETICS ALUMNAE RIDING NEWS/EVENTS GIVING  

President's Blog

A Workout Update

Fitness Class I Led Last Week

A few posts ago I mentioned that over the summer I was certified to teach fitness classes and that I hoped to begin teaching occasionally on campus.

Well, I’m happy to report I’ve actually started! Here’s a post from the Vixen Athletics blog about a class I guest-led last week, including this quote from one of the students:

“Simply put–it was absolutely wonderful: loads of fun. I was smiling nearly the entire time, and how cool is it that a gym class gets to be taught by the president of the college?”

For years I taught Victorian literature and other English lit and composition courses: believe me, teaching fitness is a quite different enterprise. But what a treat it is to engage with students and colleagues in this additional way, and to participate directly as president in the College’s commitment to health and well-being for our students!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks
  1. [...] presidential evenings. It’s been a terrific week, actually. Monday evening I led one of the after work workout sessions that some staff, faculty, and friends attend. (It’s always a good week when I can get several [...]