I’ve been asked what goes on on campus when the students aren’t here — and specifically, what I do when the students aren’t here! So, here’s a sampling from the last few days since exams ended. I’ve:
- worked with Development Office to finish up and submit a couple of grant proposals
- reviewed end-of-semester reports from Strategic Planning Study Groups
- taken two extra exercise classes!
- met with members of the Environmental Studies department and the Arts Management program to talk about their plans
- caught up with our wonderful Athletic Director, Kelly Morrison, about a number of issues related to facilities, teams, and NCAA policy
- reviewed how our new videos and visit book are being received with the marketing and recruitment team (the new video has had more than 9,000 views this month!)
- put the final touches on planning for alumnae events in Phoenix, Mobile, Jackson, and other cities right after the New Year. (If you’re in one of those places, please do plan to come!)
- sent thank-you letters to the wonderful supporters from whom we have received end-of-year annual fund contributions
- gone through old cookbooks to select a couple of recipes to cook with and for my son, who arrives this evening to spend Christmas with Rick and me at Sweet Briar House
And so, when the campus empties out, it’s a little too quiet — but it’s good to have a few days to take a deep breath, try to clear my desk and in-box, and make sure that nothing too important has fallen through the cracks in the rush of the semester.
And, of course, I can keep up with the students on Facebook!